Pros and Cons of Selling versus Renting
Moving Forward with Selling a Home
Selling a home can be a very stressful process, especially if the sale needs to be finalized within a certain time, due to a change in family size or financial matters. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary to properly prepare the home so that it will appeal to potential buyers when they see it, because first impressions are just as important as properly pricing the home.
Using online services like Zillow, may give the seller an idea of their home’s market value, but these services do not take into consideration any improvements or special features that are present within the home, nor does it account for local market trends in the community. In order to determine the true value of their home, it is imperative for sellers for get a CMA (comparative market analysis) performed for their property, as it considers all the various factors that affect the price and value of real estate.
Aside from a CMA, here are some things to consider when selling your home:
- Take an objective look at your home to determine what updates and repairs are necessary and perform them accordingly.
- Determine your timeline and budget for completing the updates/repairs.
- Complete the repairs or updates that are absolutely necessary for improving the appeal and value of your home.
- Make your home “move-in ready”. Depersonalize your home, remove your identity, and focus on turning your property into a “model home”. This makes it easier for a prospective buyer to connect with the property.
- Keep in mind traffic flow and how buyers will walk through your home. Re-arrange or remove unnecessary furniture.
- Pay attention to curb appeal, including outer doors, exterior walls and paint, power wash cleaning, welcome mats, or landscape, etc.
- To enhance the appeal of your home, it must be neat, clean, and organized. Consider pre-packing items, and declutter closets and rooms, to reduce the space consumed by your belongings.
If you are in need of assistance selling versus renting or simply with all the above – mentioned tasks and more, an PHXID agent can walk through your home and tell you exactly what needs to be done so that you can stage your home in the best way to improve its appeal to buyers!