For every new home, the choice of windows plays a very critical role in the overall appearance. As a contractor, architect, or the homeowner, it is a choice you have to make carefully. After all, everyone wants the best windows for new home construction.
Best Windows for New Home Construction
Because window’s last for many years, it’s important to pick the right ones. If you are having a dilemma of what windows to use for a new home, this post will make it easier. We will tell you the best windows to consider for your home. It will do this by dividing this into categories of materials and style. Keep on reading and make the correct decision.
Best Windows by Materials
There are many types of window materials out there. While choosing one over the other is down to preference, each of them has pros and cons. Let’s take a look at the materials closely.
- Aluminum-clad Windows: When you cannot afford wood, aluminum-clad windows are the best way to go. They are durable, physically appealing, and offer adequate resistant to any weather. While they are relatively expensive than plain aluminum, you will be getting the value of your money.
- Aluminum Windows: When you are out for cheap, and almost zero maintenance for your windows, aluminum is the material for you. It is the ideal choice for large windows. However, you will need extensive internal components to get the efficiency you need.
- Fiberglass Windows: It is a choice you should make if you have some money to burn. In return, you will gain strength, durability, and beauty for your home. It will cost more to install fiberglass windows, but you will get the value for your every dime.
- Composite Wood Windows: This is not natural wood, but puts gives you a cocktail of features from other window materials. You will be getting the feel of natural wood, the maintenance cost will be way better than vinyl, and the durability of metals.
- Vinyl Windows: On top of a variety of colors, vinyl also gives you durability and low maintenance.
Best Windows by Styles
You’ll experience many benefits to new windows, and they can come in different styles. The style you choose depends on the room and the overall style of your home. Here are some styles you can make your choice from;
- Awning Windows: They are typically installed in walk-in closets and bathrooms without giving away your privacy.
- Single-hung vs Double-hung Windows: They are the most popular options for residential properties.
- Casement Windows: They open like doors thanks to their hinges. Therefore, they are suitable for ceiling vaults and stairwells.
- Garden Windows: They will go to the kitchen window, and their sills allow some room to hang some plants.
- Sliding Windows: If you are not comfortable with single or double-hung windows, sliding windows should be a decision you will not regret. They fit in large spaces; thus, they work best for dining and living rooms.
It is not easy to know how to choose the best windows for new home construction. However, it should not be a problem anymore. You now know the materials and styles you should go for when making the decision.